MBA 2018 FALL BALL LEAGUES
8 &9 League – If you played on a 2018 MBA Community 8’s or MBA Community 9’s in the 2018 MBA Spring season, sign up for the MBA 8 & 9 League. These will be all MBA teams, playing on Saturday and Sunday for 5 or 6 weeks, starting the weekend of September 8th to October 14th. May request 1 friend (must be reciprocal); however not all friend requests can be guaranteed (Players will play 10 to 12 games (Bennett, Freeman or Excelsior Commons) and receive a jersey and a hat).
10U and older - If you played in a 10 year old MBA Travel or Community League or higher (i.e. 10 year old to 18 year old) in the 2018 MBA Spring Season; you can form a team, select a coach and select the level of competition and have the coach email the roster names to
. Each player on the roster MUST register for Fall Ball on the MBA website and MBA will register your team with Gopher State or MBL Fall Ball League.
*Note if you sign up without a team (i.e. as an individual), MBA will attempt to place you on team, but cannot guarantee you will be added to a team roster. If you are not added to a team, you will be fully refunded the registration fee.
**Also NOTE: Fall Ball Games are scheduled by MBL and/or Gopher State (MBA does NOT control the scheduling), therefore games MAY conflict with Try-outs of Sports or Activities (i.e. Basketball, Hockey and spring baseball for 2019 12YO+ teams). Coaches / teams will need to work with the opposing teams to try to reschedule games as necessary. MBA will work to provide additional field options and umpires (AS AVAILABLE).
*** Fall Ball does NOT allow players to "Play up". Players should play in the age level they will play at in the following Spring Season (i.e. 2019 Season). MBA does this to ensure the player will be playing with similar age kids, similar rules and similar field dimensions they will have in their upcoming baseball season!
Why register through MBA:
- MBA will provide fields for practices and games (MBA will provide field space so teams can host games at either Freeman, Bennett or Excelsior Commons).
- MBA will provide each player a hat, team equipment and baseball balls (uniforms will be provided by Gopher State or MBL).
- Games will be doubleheaders on Sunday (as scheduled by the affiliated league) – September 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, and October 7th.
- Teams will be grouped with similar competitive levels.
- ALL MBA Sponsored Fall ball players / teams must register through the MBA web-site!!!
- Registration will open next week and closes FRIDAY August 3rd. Do not delay, sign up today!!!
- MBA will submit in August all players 1) registered and paid through the MBA web-site and 2) assigned to a team submit to Gopher State or MBL’s Fall League.
- Practice will begin week of August 20th.
- Cost: $140
- Sign up on the MBA website under the registration tab
- 10YO + Coaches, complete the attached Excel File Roster and submit it to email@example.com. Your Team will NOT be registered with Gopher State or MBL until ALL roster players have paid through the MBA web-site.
2018 FALL BASEBALL COMMITTEE:
Matt Walker - Director, MBA Cell: 612-599-5253
Brandon Newman - Coordinator, MBA Cell: 612-916-1429
Please contact a Committee member if you have any questions, comments or concerns.